2017 Highlights – A wonderful year of weddings
2017 A Wonderful Year of Weddings…
Surrey wedding photographer
I love this time of year when the weddings are all completed and the images are all edited. In between all the pre-Christmas hustle and bustle I get to take a little time out and relive all the beautiful weddings I’ve been a part of through the year as I prepare my customary “end of the year” blog post.
2017 has been another incredible year of weddings which has seen me travelling to France for three weddings, to Portugal and to weddings in many parts of the UK that I haven’t visited before. I’m looking forward to lots more travelling in 2018 including a wedding in Italy which is on my list of dream locations.
This year I’ve also enjoyed shooting alongside some good friends and photographers that I very much admire. I always enjoy second shooting when my diary allows, it gives me the opportunity to experiment a little and see the wedding day from a different viewpoint.
I’ve really enjoyed looking through all this year’s wedding images to select my favourite images. I’ve been blessed with wonderful couples in 2017, they have all been genuinely warm and friendly people and I loved them all without exception!
There have been so many wonderful moments but some of the ones that immediately spring to mind are:
- Katherine and Axel doing the Hora.
- Ben and Nigel being surrounded on the dance floor as friends and family danced the ceilidh around them.
- Simon and Hannah’s exit with a surprise Reliant robin getaway car, they were led out into the rain by the band singing.
- Two burly 6ft 4 guys doing the Dirty Dancing lift on the dancefloor.
- Sarah and James’ renewing their vows at London Fields Brewery.
- The expression on Laura and Gareth’s faces as they walked through their friends throwing confetti.
- Beer Pong in France!
- Laura and Jeroen’s ceremony by the ocean in Portugal.
- Margot drinking champagne from her Chambong (only in Amsterdam!).
- The warmth and beautiful light of the destination weddings.
- Photographing a dear friend from school after loosing touch for 16 years.
- Shooting at Aynhoe Park
My favourites are all chosen for the emotions they evoke, they are images that show love, happiness and strong connections. They aren’t all beautiful epic shots, many are the little moments reflecting love and friendship between couples and their families and friends. There’s a lot of laughter scattered through my selection as well as some wonderful moments of fun on the dance floor!
I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed choosing them, feel free to watch my little slideshow or scroll through all the images below –
I hope everyone had a wonder Christmas and New Years, I wish everyone all the best for 2018!
If you are planning a wedding in 2018 and would like to find out more about my collections I would love to hear from you.